Saturday, June 11, 2011

Still Need To Finish That F-14

I really need to get going on that F-14A Tomcat that has been languishing on the model shelf for quite some time. But first of all I'm going to have to strip the paint off the stuff that I've already done because they didn't come out the way I wanted it to.



I would like to strip off the paint on the cockpit tub and the instrument panels because they should have been done with flat black...and would have turned out better with grey primer. And I did a somewhat passable job on the canopy with the masking off. That may allow me to paint a flat black...allow it to dry and then spray a coat of gloss gull grey over it. I'm going to need to get a spray rattle can of flat black. I have yet to set up my airbrush. Maybe I can see if this F-14 will prove that I can actually do this hobby. I guess it's gut-check time.



Well, at least I do have several of the paints that I need for this. FS16440 (Gloss Gull Grey) and Flat Black (I would like to make sure that it comes out flat black), the last two times, it's come out glossy.

No comments:

Post a Comment