Monday, December 7, 2009

Entry Dated August 29, 2008 - Outfitting the new hobbyroom

When one thinks of a good work area for building models, one thinks of having a good solid desk with ample room to build multiple projects on, a space for a paint booth, and a good shelf for model kits, with enough clearance to build a roll-out rack for the compressor. Now, I've found a $199.99 Mastercraft workbench and a Mastercraft Heavy Duty shelf for $89.99 for all my kits. The shelf can go into the storage room (that is if we manage to have one that big. I think I'm going to stop collecting for now (after I nail down that Eurofighter) and start building. Maybe a few practice kit acquisitions, but other than that. I gotta start to build what I currently have. A parts organizer for several of my resin parts would be nice. That way, I'm able to reach for an AMRAAM or an AIM-9X when I need one to go on an F-16C (Block 32) Aggressor from Elmendorf or something.

Workbench
shelf

Looking forward to the new location where we move to is one of my pastimes now. Figuring out how to set up the hobby room is going to be one of the tricky parts of this move. Considering the fact that all three bedrooms are in use now, the livingroom will be the new hobbyroom, so thus, I wil be building models in there, and making sure that my work doesn't interfere with the decor of the room. Whatever all happens, at least moving to a new place will make being able to pull out the kits to work on them a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment