Sunday, December 6, 2009

Entry Dated January 1, 2008 - Happy New Year...

Well, what can I say, as John Lennon described it “Another year over, and a new one begun”. Having started the new year on an acquiring note, I’m going to take a moment and show what was acquired during the past year.

My model-collecting year started off in August with the Panavia Tornado GR.4. Ever since I bought a 1/72 scale Panavia Tornado in junior high, I've been itching to get another one. So now I got another one, albeit in a bigger scale.



My second purchase was the Revell F-101 Voodoo which was re-released in September of 2007. Since I botched up the last F-101 Voodoo I had (which I purchased in 1987) I figured, you know, good a time as any to get another one. Don't have a picture of that kit up right now. ~edit~ now I do!



The next purchase rapidly followed which was an F-5E Tiger II from Revell Germany which I seized upon because unbeknownst to me, I was on an Aggressor kick which affected all the purchases for pretty much the rest of the year!



The next purchase wasn't an Aggressor, but Hornets are being used as Aggressors nowadays at Top Gun. But this was purchased in part because of the fact that my favorite squadron was the one being portrayed by the Revell model company. The F/A-18F Super Hornet of the VFA-41 Black Aces.



The next two purchases were Aggressor related and well, that rounded out the year in terms of model kits.

The F-16N Electric Jet (Top Gun) which flew during the late 80s, early 90s while Top Gun was still at Miramar.



AND...the F/A-18A Hornet (legacy) "Top Gun Adversary" that currently flies for NSAWC (Naval Strike Air Warfare Center) - (still called Top Gun by Navy aircrew)



On top of that, I bought two augmentation resin kits.

The F/A-18F (Hasegawa) cockpit conversion set which converts the Hasegawa F/A-18F Hornet (pictured here; bought in 2005)





And...for the second kit (it was a resin weapons kit)...it was a Black Box GBU-31 set (of two) of 2000lb JDAMs. And considering it was December 30th, 2007, well...it sneaked in under the wire.



Well, that was my year of acquisitions. And to tell you the truth one of these years, I have to resolve to build more than I acquire. At least that was the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment