Sunday, December 6, 2009

Entry Dated July 1, 2006 - My Tamiya 1/32 F-14A Tomcat with Aftermarket

I had the opportunity to pick up a 1/32 Tamiya Grumman F-14A Tomcat from Wild Blue Models. I currently have a number of accessories for it. The CAM Decals F-14A Tomcat VF-41 Black Aces squadron decals and the two Cutting Edge - Teknics resin corrections kits for the engine and cockpit areas. That's going to take some doing, so it is not a kit I plan on tackling right off the bat. This thing will involve delicate work with a Dremel rotary tool to remove parts of the fuselage that aren't part of the "D" model Tomcat.

Yes, I know that the that the VF-41 Black Aces did not ever have the F-14D Super Toms, however humor me, it is a what if model and I enjoy building what-ifs on occasion.

My Tamiya F-14Awith D- aftermarket

No comments:

Post a Comment