Sunday, December 6, 2009

Welcome to Tenax, Resin & Styrene.

This is my model blog. And considering that it's been sitting on Livejournal, it's going to be out of sequence. Over here you'll find pics of my model builds and hopefully you'll get a chance to enjoy the frustrations of this neophyte builder who has only build one model since he re-started the hobby after 14 years away from the modeling bench.

Dated: November 11th, 2004.

Building Models...
Getting back into modelbuilding after 20 years away from the hobby is quite an eyeopener. I hang out at a group called Aircraft Resource Center and they've got high standards of model building prowess. Gotta look into getting more tools and stuff though and that's going to be expensive going.

I am looking into getting an airbrush, however I don't know what I should get. People are fighting over Aztek, Paasche, Iwatas and Badger brushes. I'm torn between gravity fed and siphon-fed brushes depending on the size of models I want to do.

Then of course there's aftermarket stuff which costs an arm and a leg. Verlinden seats, Yellowhammer Decals...You name it, it's out there. Crap. A guy can go broke buying aftermarket stuff just to finish off their model kit 'cause the cockpit or other stuff on the Out-of-Box (OOB) kit is freakin' lousy.

Well, enough of my ranting for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment