Sunday, December 6, 2009

Entry dated July 31, 2005 - Hobby Turning Into a Money Pit

I've bought more tools in the last little while than I have in my entire 8 year hobbying before my hiatus from it.

Needless to say, I also have my spouse hooked as well. She now has a pretty sizeable stash of her own. I'm currently working on obtaining the F/A-18E Super Hornet from Monogram (after I get myself another decent job...being unemployed sucks!) and the Hasegawa F/A-18F. I have decals for the F/A-18F.

Now these "miscreants" at A.R.C. (they know I'm fondly calling them that...) have introduced me to a new pastime affiliated with this hobby. STASH-COLLECTING!!! Oh, bother. I guess I'll be doing the "4000+" kit stash in the next while. At least right now, it's not too bad at 27 kits.

Currently after the hiatus from modelbuilding, I've completed ONE...yes, just ONE build. The F-14A Bombcat the webpage. I don't currently have the picture that I used on my signature. The ones that I put up on the webpage look like crap. I'll use the one I used on my sig pic, or I'll just retake the shot over again. Anyhow, you can look at my webpages on the build to get an idea of what it looks like.

{edited} Here's the pic.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Considering the fact that it's 1/144 (the second smallest scale you can get into, the smallest being 1/250th) It's all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment