Sunday, December 6, 2009

Entry Dated February 6, 2008 - The Modeling Bench

As of current, I’ve been seeing the thread on the ARC forums regarding pics of members’ workbenches. I am thinking of the days past when I had the room to set up a workbench and am hotly considering the type of workbench that I’d like to set up when we get moved into an apartment.

Back when I was living in New Westminster, I did have a decent model-bench setup.



When we moved to Vancouver into that apartment I was managing, I had this storage space.










After all, nothing beats having a good desk to work on, and a good solid storage area for your un-built kits.



Since the desk that I used to own made its way into the dumpster due to it being made of particle board, it is apparent that I will have to get a decent desk to build on. I know this one is meant for a basement workshop, not the living room, but hell, If it will handle my models and my computer, why not?

Now the problem will more than likely be the spray-booth. I could go do it on the tennis court but my neighbors will probably complain. I can’t seem to find a booth large enough to spray my B-1B Lancer when completely built. It’s either restrict my spray-painting to out-doors for my B-1B and equally large aircraft and buy the Artograph 1530 or get one of those plastic containers large enough and spray into that.



Gotta love model-building. There’s plenty of stuff that you need to get. Not all of it is necessary to complete a model, but the last thing I want to do is have the rest of my family inhale a bunch of paint-fumes while I’m model-building. After all, safety with noxious chemicals such as paint is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment