Sunday, December 6, 2009

Entry Dated May 16, 2007 - F-101 Voodoo & other thoughts...er...wishes?

I guess Revell is starting to consider the "environment", they're starting to release model kits in smaller boxes. (har har har). Similar in size to the boxed F-15C Eagle kit, the F-101 Voodoo is one that I've been waiting for a considerable time for Revell to re-release. And it's good to see it back on the model store shelves.

But there is a kit that I have been waiting a long time to see back on store shelves and that is the F-5F and F-5E Tiger II. I missed the 1995 limited re-release and it's been high time that they brought the two kits back out again. This time I'm getting 6 F-5Es and 5 F-5Fs. I have too many Two-Bobs decals that would just sit on the shelf and yellow.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I owned this particular release of the F-5E Tiger II, did it in a lizard (brown and sand) finish, but unfortunately hand painted, the lizard didn't turn out so well.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also have this boxing (unbuilt) of the F-5F Tiger II, which has been sitting quite patiently until I get up the guts to finish it. It will be done in Navy Aggressor camo (I tend to prefer the "Ghost" finish).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the boxing that I am kicking myself hard in the @$$ for missing. I would have had the opportunity to pick up at least 5 of the kits, but I was waiting upon hope that they would also re-release the F-5F and I'd be able to pick that up at the same time. Yeah, well...serves me right for thinking. Next time it comes on the shelf, I intend to grab it.

No comments:

Post a Comment