Sunday, December 27, 2009

Trumpeter's 1/32 F-14D Super Tomcat

I've been waiting to do a what-if and I've been extremely leery of the Tamiya F-14A 1/32 Black Knights Anniversary Edition kit that I would have to hack n'chop styrene in order to obtain a usable "D" version. I didn't particularly want to mess up my "A" kit and wrestle with the Cutting Edge resin parts, until I felt up to it.

Evidently Chinese model company Trumpeter has stepped up to the plate and offered a big "D" in 1/32nd in order to help those modelers that don't want to hack-up their Tamiya kit in order to get a "D". Maybe this will be worth spending $200.00+ to get this kit just to see how it stacks up.

I was planning to use the Tamiya F-14A to convert to a "D" to make a "what-if" VF-41 Black Aces bird (if the "D" was given to the Black Aces instead of the F/A-18F Super Hornet.

Trumpeter F-14D

I'm sure Trumpeter will get even better as they gain experience. And I appreciate Mr. Song joining A.R.C. to get feedback on the prototype molds that they plan on creating. This is going to go a long way to making Trumpeter a real competitive company.

I'm also looking forward to their MiG 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment